The Rise of Online Therapy That Takes Insurance and Its Transformative Impact on Mental Health Care
In the past, mental health patients had to do an in-person office visit to access treatment. While in-person therapy sessions worked, the format had its share of downsides. Patients had to endure long wait times before getting an appointment, and many found they couldn’t find time in their busy schedules for appointments.
The advent of online therapy that takes insurance has transformed this healthcare service. Nowadays, patients can access round-the-clock services from providers such as 24/7 DCT. Let’s examine the transformative impact of teletherapy in more detail.
Why is Online Therapy so Transformative?
Online therapy has streamlined mental healthcare in profound ways. For one, this method of therapy has allowed patients to transcend the limitations of physical location. Today, mental health patients can access high-quality care from professionals located far away.
Because of this remote access, patients in underserved areas can receive high-quality mental healthcare. Patients no longer have to feel limited to whatever few experts happen to be located in their general vicinity. Some other reasons that online therapy is gaining traction include:
- Low service costs. Online therapy is often cheaper than traditional therapy. Doctors charge less because they don’t need to rent office space or travel to work. Online therapy also helps by saving the patient the time and money they would have spent commuting.
- Guaranteed privacy. Online therapy provides patients with an extra layer of confidentiality. This is because online therapy eliminates the need for physical visits. There is no chance of bumping into acquaintances while sitting in a waiting room.
- Greater choice of therapists. Online therapy connects patients to a diverse pool of mental specialists worldwide. With international reach, patients can afford to be choosy and find their ideal practitioner.
- Excellent convenience. With online therapy, patients can get treatment anywhere. All they’ll need to access the service is a computer or a smartphone and an internet connection. Not surprisingly, online therapy is ideal for patients with busy work schedules.
- Enhanced comfort. Many patients find it intimidating to share their innermost thoughts face to face. Online therapy eliminates face-to-face conversations. As such, some patients will feel more comfortable sharing with an online therapist.
Online Therapy and Insurance Coverage
Treating mental illness is expensive. For instance, a single, in-person therapy session costs around $100 to $200 in the US. These costs can soar as patients often need several sessions to recover from underlying mental health conditions.
This is where finding online therapy that takes insurance can come in handy. Such providers can help patients spend less on mental health therapy services. As a result, patients can stay within their budget while still attending as many therapy sessions as they need to achieve their mental health goals.
How to Find Online Therapy That Takes Insurance
While a growing number of online therapists accept insurance, some don’t. If you’re looking for online therapy that takes insurance, here are some helpful tips to guide you in your search:
- Research insurance providers. An online search is one of the simplest ways to find online therapists that take insurance. Use keywords like “online therapy with insurance coverage” to find providers. With an online search, you’ll get a list of many different providers.
- Use online directories and platforms. Some online directories and platforms have a list of mental health facilities in a given locality. Besides the list, these directories provide information on providers’ specialties and credentials. Many directories will specify whether the listed online therapists accept insurance.
- Reach out to online therapy providers. Compile a list of potential online therapy providers and their contact numbers. Reach out to each one and ask if they accept insurance. This trick will give you firsthand information that you can rely on.
- Verify insurance coverage. Your insurance coverage policy will specify the in-network providers that your policy supports. Getting leads directly from your insurance provider may be the quickest way to find online therapy that will take insurance.
- Seek help from the insurance company or online therapy platform. Suppose you cannot locate an ideal online therapy that takes insurance on your own. In this situation, ask for help. Ask your insurance provider to suggest some affiliated providers. As an alternative, you can ask peers at your online therapy platform to recommend one.
As you search for a therapist, take some time to understand your insurance coverage and the reimbursement process. This knowledge will help you understand the mental health services that your insurance covers. Moreover, this information will help you learn how to submit claims and receive proper reimbursement.
Why not Try Online Therapy That Takes Insurance?
Online therapy has transformed the way individuals access mental healthcare in significant ways. Nowadays, patients can attend therapy sessions from the comfort of their homes. Even better, patients can access high-quality therapists from far away, further increasing their chances of accessing top-tier services.
While online therapy is a little cheaper, it can still cost a significant amount. This is why it can be crucial to find therapists that accept insurance. Using these providers will keep costs low so patients can focus on their recovery and worry about their budget a little less.
Contact 247 DCT to learn how to use this innovative mental health treatment option.